Caribbean Cement Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
INTERNAL AUDIT ADVISOR
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Internal Audit Advisor will provide our Stakeholders, Management and the Audit Committee an independent and objective evaluation and assessment concerning the level of exposure to risk throughout all the processes of the organization. To add value by helping all the operations to improve and strengthen the effectiveness of risk management, control systems and by sharing with them the best practices identified worldwide.
The Internal Audit Advisor will review of the internal control environment for a Group of companies through the performance / conduct of financial, operational, systems and process audits. Specific duties include:
• Prepare an audit testing scope and objectives, inclusive of identifying the required test of controls, system accounting balances, financial statements and financial and operational processes.
• Prepare the individual audit or special investigation plan / approach and testing templates for execution of audit tests.
• Examine, test and evaluate policies, procedures and systems and conclude on the reliability and integrity of; information, compliance to statutes, regulations, and legislation, safeguarding of assets, and the economical and efficient use of resources and make recommendations for improvement.
• Review processes by way of a walk-through and prepare a written representation of the process, highlighting the process flow, controls in place and identify any gaps in accordance to the company’s policies and procedures, certification systems, international standards of auditing and any relevant auditing and accounting best practices.
• Write effectively high quality audit issues and be prepared to take the lead to collate and prepare the draft audit report for the Audit Manager’s review and prepare other summary reports for release to Executive level.
• Present and discuss with the management team and process owners audit findings, conclusions, impact and risks and obtain management comments and action plans to address issues identified.
• Identification of audit tests which can be executed using data-mining analytics (Excel, Power pivots, Power Bi etc.) and developing the test using these methods.
Academic qualifications and experience:
• ACCA qualified, CIA, CPA, and/or CFE. Primary Degree or designation in auditing and accounting is preferable.
• Minimum of 3 years’ internal or external auditing experience, preferably from a Big 4 environment.
• Audit-specific training is desirable (Sarbanes Oxley, FCPA, COSO, and Risk Management). Sound knowledge of International Standards or Auditing, GAAP and IFRS and other auditing and accounting professional designations.
Technical Skills and Competences:
• Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, (pivots, power bi), Word and PowerPoint etc.)
• Experience with Audits or knowledge of SAP and Oracle Systems.
• Experience performing IT / systems audits and knowledge Data mining analytics. Able to use and interact with data management and visualization tools software
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise and simple manner.
• Superb attention to detail, strong analytical skills, critical thinker and the ability to deliver results in a scheduled and non-scheduled deadline oriented, fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment and on own initiative and to self-assess and communicate to the Audit Manager accordingly, to ensure targets and deliverables are met timely.
• Self-Driven, Flexible, willingness to work in office and on the field
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively and regularly. A US Visa will be required. Travel within local country is also required.
• Capable of working in a multicultural environment and multi-level organization. Experience in motivating, coaching, team building, knowledge transfer etc.
• Professional skepticism with a balanced ability to engage the support of other functional areas
• Ability to maintain professional independence, high level of integrity and no conflict of interests
Qualified persons with the ability to add value to the Caribbean Cement Team are invited to submit applications and detailed résumés by April 2, 2021 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Caribbean Cement Company Limited
Kingston, Jamaica, W.I.